Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Magic Mallow Bars

I've had a thing for rice crispie treats since I was a senior in high school. In those days we often added food coloring, or used different cereal (ie. cinnamon toast crunch). My friend's mom used to get mad when we made them, they're so irresistible. Since then, I've graduated to inhaling the cocoa puff treats our dining hall at Pitt used to make and adding everything to them from peanut butter to Nutella to marshmellow fluff. 

I read Avery's blog an awful lot, and when she posted this recipe for kitchen sink crispie treats, I knew it was for me. My friend Candice needed a gift for a co-worker, so I jumped at the chance to give these a try. 

The kitchen sink ingredients:


We chopped up the peanut butter cups. And neither Candice or I cut off a finger ;)




I've never made these before by microwaving the marshmallows (I've always melted the butter on the stove, then added the marshmallows). I think this way was easier though.

Puffed up 'mallows:


Then I just dumped everything in and mixed. It got real sticky, real fast, but that was expected. I poured the mixture into a 9 x 9 glass dish covered in tin foil and then sprayed with Pam, for easier removal. Then Candice melted more chocolate and we drizzled it over the treats. I had Christmas sprinkles from the dollar aisle at Target that seemed that the perfect final addition:


I didn't taste test them myself, but I heard they were gone pretty quickly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment