Sunday, January 1, 2012

Semi Healthy Baking?

It's possible, believe it or not. Given the amount of butter and sugar that most of my recipes have been calling for lately, I think this was necessarily. Mike suggested we make zucchini bread and I was all about it (I hadn't made a cake-y bread in ages). When I told Molly what was going down she volunteered to document (read: the pictures for this post are awesome).

First: After a lot for google and foodgawker searches, we settled on this recipe. They're pretty healthy all-in-all. There is some white flour, but we did replace the oil with applesauce. We added a little more chocolate (the bar we bought was 4.25 oz) and made a bunch of muffins instead of bread and some muffins.

Ingredients:

Mike shredded the zucchini:



Wet Ingredients



Chocolate!



Into the super-greased muffin tins (yes, one of the pans is for giant muffins - just because Molly found it in the cabinet)



And in significantly less than the time listed in the recipe later:



Unfortunately they came out a little tough. 50 minutes was way too long for muffins. If Mike hadn't made a point to check them, they definitely would have been burned to a crisp. 

I was much happier with the recipe we made after this, but I'll save that for the next post.

Happy 2012!!



No comments:

Post a Comment