Monday, October 10, 2011

Guest Post Dois!

The summer before last I got the opportunity to visit Brazil as part of a class I was taking. It was undoubtedly one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. The class was about sustainable engineering technologies, which Brazil happens at the forefront of. In addition to visiting various plants and factories, I had a whole lot of adventures- all of which gave me a huge appreciate for Brazilian culture. Part of that culture, of course, was food.

Our favorite snack/side/hangover food was easily Pao de Queijo (Brazilian cheese bread). When my friend Ryan and I got back to the states, we were determined to find some here. I looked up a recipe, and found that it's made from tapioca flour. I spend more time in the baking aisle than average chick my age, and I had never seen/heard of it. Over the next few months I tried to get in the habit of glancing over the flour types in every grocery I went into (yes, I am that cool because no, I was not about to pay S&H and order it online). Eventually, I stumbled upon some at the East End Food Co-op

This is another one of those recipes that everyone seems to like. But I guess it's hard to go wrong with cheese and bread. Ryan made some the other day and meticulously documented so I could share it! He found a recipe from over here. This recipe is a little different than the one we've used in the past. The recipe here didn't top it - and it was a whole lot messier. The end result was still damn delicious though.


The recipe calls for vegetable oil, but since the olive oil was on hand he used that instead. He also added some chili powder for kicks (get it? ha..). 







This coming week is crazy, but I owe a few people baked goods so I won't be gone long.

Thanks for this week's post, Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment