Thursday, October 27, 2011

Win.

The same night of the butternut mac n chz almost-fail, Nick and I had incredible success making caramel corn. The recipe is part of this year’s 12 weeks of Christmas cookie’s on Baked Brie. I’ve been following these posts closely because cookies are my go-to thing to bake, and even though this wasn’t a cookie recipe, I knew I had to make it.

Minus the popcorn (because I’m really not a huge fan of it), every other ingredient I had on hand. We didn’t have quite enough vanilla, but the end result was so good I’m not sure it mattered a whole lot.



After popping the corn, we combined all of the ingredients except the vanilla and the baking soda:


Nick took care of melting the concoction over the stove, and adding the last two ingredients. Next, we poured over the popcorn.


Then we baked in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees in two very well sprayed dishes. And…voila!


Unfortunately I didn't realize how unfocused this picture was when I took it, but believe me, it looked gorgeous. By the time it had come out of the over, Don and Ryan had arrived, so the five of us went to town. We could not seem to get enough of it (def. made up for the mac!). Don even snapped a few pictures of our excessive excitement: 



I may have already gotten a request to remake this.

In the spirit of Halloween (/ any holiday ever really? I love the U.S.) there is a TON of festive baking going on in the very near future. Nick's hosting Halloween festivities, which of course translates to an excuse to bake. I made something tonight that smells delicious, but I have to wait for the taste-testers to let me know how it actually is. 

Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment