Thursday, November 10, 2011

..and 15 minutes later it was gone.

That got your attention, right? It's not even an exaggeration. I brought this taco dip to a FeelGood pot luck we were having and within minutes if me setting it down, there were maybe a few chipful's left. For an added bonus, it took about 20 minutes of active work to make, and almost all of that was cutting veggies. AND it was just-about vegan (ie. it would have been vegan had I put out the extra dollars for dairy free sour cream). I bookmarked the recipe ages ago in my Google reader, but I was waiting for a good occasion to make it.

Ingredients:


FeelGood errands have me in The Strip District every Wednesday, so I was able to pick up refried beans from the Mexican Grocer and get discounted veggies from Stan's.

I really don't enjoy cutting veggies... so I did that first:


I didn't end up photographing the next few steps. It really just was a matter of spreading the layers. First, the beans, than the avocado, then the taco seasoned sour cream. I didn't end up using all the taco seasoning (didn't want to burn anyone's mouth), but I did add the 3 jalapenos (the recipe called for 2-3, I was living large).


Finally, I just popped it in the oven for a little over 25 minutes. Conveniently I was still getting ready, so it had a little time to cool before I carried it to my friends place.


And then we dug in. The picture was taken mid-destruction with my rather terrible phone camera, but you get the idea.


I'm sure the Trader Joe's Flaxseed tortilla chips helped a little too (seriously though- they're like crack). I also skipped the cilantro because I knew some of the people who'd be dying to try this (Alyssa) weren't fans. In the end I forgot about the parsley substitution as well, but clearly, neither was needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment